Re: [Public WebGL] Rendering to HDR displays (10bits per color component)

I'm not 100% sure how this is implemented nor on what platforms. The folks on graphics-dev@chromium.org will know. My understanding is that it's on Windows (using D3D under the hood) and Android, and possibly macOS. On each of these platforms I believe that a platform-specific GPU memory buffer is allocated with a higher bit depth, it's bound to an OpenGL texture using platform-specific APIs, and ultimately presented to the window system's compositor again using platform-specific APIs.

-Ken