Re: [Public WebGL] Rendering to HDR displays (10bits per color component)

Yes! There's work underway to support an HDR back buffer for the WebGL rendering context. The current proposed API is here:
https://github.com/WICG/canvas-color-space/blob/master/CanvasColorSpaceProposal.md

Color spaces and profiles are a complex topic (and I'm no expert) but my understanding is that the initial switch is to be able to allocate a float16 back buffer for WebGL. The browser will then assume responsibility for presenting that to the screen. The colorspace will, I think, be extended sRGB.

I've heard from a co-worker who's actively working in this area that they have HDR output coming out of WebGL on an HDR monitor.

Not sure of the standardization / shipment status of this. To understand the current status in Chrome, please sign up for this group and post to it:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!forum/graphics-dev

-Ken