[Public WebGL] EXT_disjoint_timer_query disabled

Hi all,

I noticed in Chrome 65 and Firefox 59 today that EXT_disjoint_timer_query is disabled. In chrome://gpu on both Linux and Mac I found the rather cryptic message: "Don't expose disjoint_timer_query extensions to WebGL: 808744" with a link to a private Chromium ticket. I enabled WebGL draft extensions in chrome://flags, but that didn't change anything.

I'm guessing there's a security issue involved, but I'm curious if this is change is being treated as permanent, or if there's some hope of seeing the extension re-enabled later. Losing EXT_disjoint_timer_query would be a substantial blow to WebGL as a platform. If it has to be disabled for general use, could it at least be hidden behind a flag so it could still be used for local development?