Re: [Public WebGL] Is WebGL2 Effectively Dead?

On Mar 9, 2018, at 16:58, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

It's because of the myriad of exotic bugs that exist, that are corner cases until your software runs into them. Since WebGL has an extensive conformance test suite, and since we set a high bar of expectation of "things working" on the web, it means that for exotic bugs which you might not exercise in your application (but somebody does), you'll get it blacklisted. It's not an unreasonable approach to dealing with things that are fundamentally broken.

As well the OpenGL conformance test submissions I mentioned, Intel has also been heavily involved in improving the WebGL conformance tests and making sure their GPUs pass them. So with respect to at least Intel’s integrated GPUs, I think you are talking ancient history. BtW I have no connection whatsoever with Intel beyond knowing a couple of people who work there.

Regards

    -Mark