Re: [Public WebGL] Is WebGL2 Effectively Dead?

Some platforms that have a disproportional big impact on the unavailability of WebGL2 are:
The primary problem with these platforms isn't that WebGL isn't implemented by most browsers (IE+Edge only hold about 15% of desktop browsers, and legacy android browsers hold some 25%). It's that for some reason or other those WebGL 2 capable browsers do not expose WebGL 2 on some devices.

In both cases support is slowly increasing at a rate between 1-3%/month (a little less on windows, a bit more on android). At these rates it can be expected for WebGL2 to reach WebGL1 levels of support (98%):
Although this is based on biased data, I don't think the bias is terribly relevant when talking about the end-state of near 100% support (i.e. it doesn't matter if you estimate support to be low and increasing quickly, or high and increasing slowly, you'll both reach 100% at about the same time).