Re: [Public WebGL] Current WebGL2 support

Hi,

Last time I've had this problem with windows 7 but I'm experiencing the same issue on multiple PCs with windows 10, now.
A while back, I've updated the windows 7 PC that didn't support WebGL2 to windows 10 but it didn't solve the issue.
It took a clean install of windows 10 to solve this issue.

However, I've got another PC, also with a clean install of window 10, that still doesn't support WebGL 2.
Same issue as last time, ANGLE uses DirectX 9, despite up to date GPU drivers:

WebGL2 works in firefox if I disable ANGLE but I couldn't find a way to get it to work in chrome.
Using --use-gl=desktop falls back to GoogleSwift renderer, instead.

It's probably been discussed already but do we really have to use ANGLE if a system is capable of using OpenGL?

I'd love to adopt WebGL 2 but it's hard to gain confidence in it if it doesn't even work on my own machines,
let alone machines of my users.