[Public WebGL] PSA: upcoming CPU throttle mechanism to severly limit and cripple graphics and processing intensive web applications

Ojan Vafai of the chrome engineering team lays out plans to limit CPU use by websites.

If a site is using more than XX% CPU for more than YY seconds, then we put the page into "battery saver mode" where we aggressively throttle tasks and show a toast [notification popup] allowing the user to opt-out of battery saver mode. When a battery saver mode tab is backgrounded, we stop running tasks entirely.

This will impact many things such as:
Another whole array of use-cases gone from the web. Good job.