Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL BOF at SIGGRAPH

Thanks Yang, this is great work! It does seem like a good performance benchmark with areas for improvement -- a recent phone like the Pixel ought to be able to keep up with 1000 fish but it's a bit sluggish. Olli's WEBGL_multiview extension will surely help here!

-Ken

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 3:15 AM, Gu, Yang <yang.gu@intel.com> wrote:

We brought WebVR support to Aquarium, which might be a good showcase that WebGL can well back some new technologies, like WebVR. Internally, we even have this as WebVR benchmark for performance tracking.

The first version already landed upstream (http://webglsamples.org/aquarium-vr/aquarium-vr.html) with basic functions ready, and we have some ideas to enhance it further in following weeks. Now you can play with it within any browsers supporting WebVR, like FireFox, Android Chrome, Desktop Chrome on WebVR experimental branch, etc.

Regards,

-Yang

From: owners-public_webgl@khronos.org [mailto:owners-public_webgl@khronos.org] On Behalf Of Kenneth Russell
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2017 10:05 AM
To: public_webgl@khronos.org
Subject: [Public WebGL] WebGL BOF at SIGGRAPH

[cross-posted to webgl-dev-list]

WebGL community,

Khronos will be hosting the WebGL Birds of a Feather session at SIGGRAPH this year on Wednesday, August 2 at 1:00 PM. We'll discuss the shipment of WebGL 2.0 this year, how it's already being used, and what's coming next!

If you have a brief demo you'd like to show, please email us!

Looking forward to seeing you at the event!

-Ken