Re: [Public WebGL] Linear-to-sRGB conversion to the drawing buffer using sRGB extension

iOS does support ETC by hardware and is exposed in WebGL only for 2.0.
PVRTC is still preferred for iOS, but ETC2 is a good improvement and offers more variety on storage.

PVRTC still not supporting SRGB.

When developers make apps for wide audience and platforms, compression is very important to meet low-loading times as well as fit enough data in limited VRAM on mobile.
If SRGB is used in workflow, then developer will be forced to use only SRGB compatible formats meaning some compression formats cannot be used. By ensuring there is bigger cover on SRGB will make it more of easy choice without sacrifices.

Cheers,
Max