Re: [Public WebGL] Re: POSSIBLE EMERGENCY: android chrome webgl 1 support collapsed to 50% for the 26th

Thanks for the heads up Florian.

Chrome 58 was just promoted to Stable, so this may coincide with that release.

I looked through https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/gpu/config/software_rendering_list.json and don't see any obvious changes that would have affected WebGL 1.0 support. On the other hand, some changes were made to that list in order to release WebGL 2.0 in Chrome 58. It's possible there is a side-effect.

Looking through our internal histograms, I don't see an uptick in blacklisting of WebGL 1.0 support in Chrome 58, but it's possible I'm not querying the data correctly.

Can we gather more data over a few days and see what happens? Do you have any more detailed information about the sort of phones (e.g. older low-end Android phones) that may be affected?

Thanks,

-Ken