Re: [Public WebGL] async shader compiliation

Thanks for link Jukka.

So as cold start, on Ubuntu in Chrome 58, it took ~15 seconds to compile shaders.
After it shaders got cached, presumably by system, as even cache clear with incognito window on next runs gave smaller numbers ~2 seconds.

Nice demo! But loading times are just not for web at all. WebAssembly compilation is still stalling a browser for about 15 seconds.
And everything in the demo seems like speed up :)

On warm starts it takes 30+ seconds to start. Seems like data.gz (86Mb) file is not getting cached, as well as wasm.gz (13.6Mb).

It is good to see that this becomes more and more real now.
Regarding shaders in this particular demo, is there anything complicated? Because graphics looks very mobile-like with pretty much little dynamic stuff (Any PBR?).

Cheers,
Max