Re: [Public WebGL] async shader compiliation

I really think the following could work in Chrome on platforms that have program binaries available (i.e. not OSX). It works today and has been possible for at least a year.

One thing that might work in Chrome with the current state of things would be to go through a list of shaders in a Worker and for each of them:
    • Compile it
    • glFinish (and destroy the shader)
    • send to the main event loop that this shader was warmed up
Then in the main event loop, recompile the shader expecting it to be already warm and instant to compile. However on platforms where the browser cannot use program binaries, things would actually be slower.