Re: [Public WebGL] WebGPU

It is without a doubt an interesting undertaking. However I wonder how much performance could such tech really give comparing with, let's say, Vulkan backed WebGL 2 (or 3, or some kind of 2.X)? Will there be an advantage over WebGL extended with GPGPU capabilities?

There's one thing that could give WebGPU a huge advantage over WebGL: an ability to share a context between several workers to construct command queue concurrently (as it is in Metal and, AFAIK, in D3D12 and Vulkan). That would be awesome.

--
Kirill Dmitrenko
Yandex Maps Team