Re: [Public WebGL] EXT_shader_texture_lod in WebGL2?

In Chrome, the ETC1+2 formats should be disabled on both WebGL 1 and WebGL 2 on ANGLE (i.e. Windows) unconditionally. Unfortunately I made a mistake in my first patch to disable ETC1 on ANGLE, so it won't roll out until Chrome 57 (beginning of March). ETC2 should be correct in 56 (end of January).

So the warning should very soon become outdated, and it would be good to mention that in the warning text. I am not sure about the status in Firefox but IIRC they agreed to implement the same semantics and it's probably in the version they are releasing this week(?)

The linked bug (658763) is for re-enabling it on desktop platforms which have hardware support (maybe Intel), and for ANGLE on other platforms.

-Kai