Re: [Public WebGL] EXT_shader_texture_lod in WebGL2?

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Maksims Mihejevs <max@playcanvas.com> wrote:
And more importantly, if any implementation is done, it has to be done not using CPU path.
We've seeing already many enormous issues. For example MSAA with ANGLE has CPU path, and is unusable at all, as performance drops insanely. ETC2 was another case where CPU path was pushed a lot. And if this happens, for sake of "best availability support", you then damaging performance and quality so badly, that we even had to disable certain features in webgl2 simply by checking "if ANGLE, then no MSAA".

I believe that the failIfMajorPerformanceCaveat should indicate those CPU paths doesn't it? I've started tracking this on WebGL stats at the end of december. So at the end of January there'll be a full 30-day window for that.