[Public WebGL] Re: WEBGL_get_buffer_sub_data_async

Upon thinking about this extension, I don't think it should exist at all. Ideally the mapBuffer semantic would be exposed. But even if it isn't, it shall not be that an extension is required to express functionality already found in the core functionality of the underlying ES specification.

Furthermore, getBufferSubDataAsync does not adequately express the reality of map/flush/unmap, and hides the fact that unmap/flush are still synchronizing calls happening. However getBufferSubDataAsync obstructs appropriate code dealing with proper insertion of synchronization points.

In addition, it would lead to allocating promises once or many times per frame, and since tracking would be required in some instances, would also lead to allocating a closure once or many times a call. An issue that map buffer range does not exhibit.

Due to the lack of discussion of this feature, I believe a great disservice is done to WebGL 2 by the introduction of these ideas/APIs and I strongly suggest to withdraw this from draft immediately and go back to the drawing board.