Re: [Public WebGL] Support precompiled shaders as extensions

Do you think that D3D would be capable of implementing ARB_parallel_shader_compile?

I'm asking because ARB_parallel_shader_compile offers two new interfaces:
If D3D can support that functionality (maybe with some help from the browser), then this extension could be exposed to WebGL, and would not only allow parallel compilation per-se, but also to control how many threads are used for it, and to get at least some kind of asynchronous progress report about it.

This functionality is so far not supported by OpenGL ES extensions or any version of ES core. Though I believe if the Khronos WebGL-WG asked the ES-WG if they could introduce it, chances would not be bad.