Re: [Public WebGL] Support precompiled shaders as extensions

Also don't forget about the workarounds (35ish and counting) that are done in the ANGLE shader translator. Any sort of precompiled binary fed directly to the driver would bypass that, which means your shader would randomly break. Also the shader compile overhead of browsers is tiny compared to the driver compiling to hardware ISA, so what you need is more like asynchronous compiles.

Finally security-wise browsers will never trust drivers gracefully failing when given bad output, they want to own the frontend and handle errors there.