Re: [Public WebGL] Promote ASTC extension to community approved now ?

I did not record any device/webgl implementation exposing the ASTC extension (expected for draft extensions). The Samsung S7 lists astc support (though it seems to be spread across 3 extensions and one that isn't in the ES registry). Desktop linux driver for nvidia does not expose astc. iOS does not have astc.

Since draft extensions are not exposed by default, I can't quantify what the current implementation status across platforms and UA vendors is. Could the UA vendors (apple, google, microsoft, mozilla) respectively comment on:
  1. What their implementation status is (and across which platforms)
  2. How well supported ASTC currently is on devices they see (by usage)
  3. If the spec is final