Re: [Public WebGL] WebVulkan

Just IMHO: the main problem with Vulkan is not that it's 'hard', but
that it is so verbose (D3D12 has the same problem but is not quite as
bad, Metal is the big exception). It takes 2.5k lines of C code just
to get a triangle on screen in Vulkan :/ The good parts are IMHO:

- SPIR-V
- render passes
- pipeline state objects

Everything that has to do with initialisation and resources (buffers
and textures) is not so good.

There are no modern 'standard' 3D APIs anymore. On Windows, game
development will stay on D3D11 or move to D3D12, on OSX or iOS, Vulkan
is not available, and everybody will be moving to Metal or stay on GL,
game consoles have their own 3D APIs which look radically, or just
slightly different. That leaves Vulkan for Linux and Android.
Personally I don't see such a big problem in introducing a modern Web
3D-API that borrows ideas from Metal, D3D12 and Vulkan, but is not
'compatible' with any of those. I think we are now back at a state
where there is no dominating standard 3D API, the wheel of
reincarnation has turned again and we're in the same state as around
1998. It's a bit of a shame, but that's progress ;)