Re: [Public WebGL] WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb

Thanks Christophe for putting together this proposal. It can be viewed at https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/proposals/WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb/ .

It looks good overall. One minor question: in the underlying EXT_sRGB extension spec:
https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/EXT/texture_sRGB.txt

issue 22 says:
"Should the new COMPRESSED_SRGB_* formats be listed in an implementation's GL_COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS list?"

I think the behavior defined in your proposal -- adding these formats to that list -- is better than that defined by the native extension, but do you think there's any compatibility risk?

Thanks,

-Ken