Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL license: can i use WebGL in the commercial product?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Gintare Statkute <g.statkute@gmail.com> wrote:
Although it is a demo, the licence applies.

The license applies only to the San Angeles demonstration, not to the WebGL API.

There is no restriction on the usage of WebGL in the browser. The specification is copyrighted by Khronos per https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/1.0/ . I admit that the "usage" is not well defined in the specification, but it's like any other API in the web browser.

I do not understand this licence.
Does this licence permits to deliver WebGL for free with the program, nevertheless charge for the products who uses WebGL?

Again, this license is not relevant to WebGL as a whole -- only to the San Angeles demo.

Your question applies more generally to the browser engine and other software which your installer is putting on the system, not to WebGL specifically.

-Ken