[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Public WebGL] Re: WEBGL_debug_renderer survey
Relaying response from Ben Adams:
Q1: Do you use this extension currently? no
Q2: Do you plan on using the extension in the future? yes
Q3: Should UAs implement the extension? yes
Q4: Can you briefly describe your use (or planned use)?
- User issue diagnostics; details for vendor bug reports; workarounds
- Device performance detection (recommended/default effect level choices)
- Issues with Higher DPI vs GPU power; resolution has increased but installed GPUs power hasn't always matched.
- Feature detection doesn't always equate to a good user experience; just because a device can do things, switching everything on many result in a poor experience; interfere with networking etc.
- Association settings suggestion; rather than lengthy setup benchmarking (e.g. 60% of people with this GPU use these settings)
Q5: If any, Your affiliation? (website, service, company or whatever describes you best) Co-Founder & CTO, Illyriad Games, www.ageofascent.com