[Public WebGL] Re: WEBGL_debug_renderer survey

Relaying response from Tomas Polach

Q1: Do you use this extension currently? [yes/no]
yes

Q2: Do you plan on using the extension in the future? [yes/no]
yes

Q3: Should UAs implement the extension? [yes/no]
yes

Q4: Can you briefly describe your use (or planned use)?
We use WEBGL_debug_renderer_info together with UA string to estimate device performance and available VRAM. Based on this information we enable or disable computation expensive features and adapt texture sizes in order to optimize performance and reduce battery consumption.

Q5: If any, Your affiliation? (website, service, company or whatever describes you best)
Spin-Off ETH (product: online 3d indoor maps) http://archilogic.com/