RE: [Public WebGL] Out-of-bounds ReadPixels and CopyTex*Image* behavior

I am good with this.  I wish we had done it sooner as it would have saved me from writing a bunch of (now) unnecessary code.

From: owners-public_webgl@khronos.org [mailto:owners-public_webgl@khronos.org] On Behalf Of Kenneth Russell
Sent: Monday, November 2, 2015 5:03 PM
To: Jeff Gilbert <jgilbert@mozilla.com>
Cc: webgl, public <public_webgl@khronos.org>
Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] Out-of-bounds ReadPixels and CopyTex*Image* behavior

Thanks for proposing this and sorry for the delay reviewing it.

This change sounds good to me. It's hard to imagine that applications are relying on the behavior of returning zero for out-of-bounds pixels during reads. Changing this for both WebGL 1.0 and 2.0 at the same time sounds fine to me; no reason to make the specs diverge further.

Any other feedback from implementers? There aren't that many conformance tests for this behavior, so it should be straightforward to update the spec and those tests, and remove the invalidated tests from earlier versions of the conformance suite.

Assuming no objections, would you be willing to assemble a pull request for both the spec and conformance test changes?

Thanks,

-Ken