RE: [Public WebGL] WebGL/ESSL version strings

Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge report these <1.0 version strings; the goal here was to enable feature support detection* as we update the renderer several times year.

The goal has always been to use ‘1.0’ as soon as we had a fully conformant implementation, and to update devices so that we get to ‘1.0’ everywhere; we’ve received feedback from developers that they find the 0.01 increments useful.

That said, if it is more useful to change to ‘1.0’ at this point, we could do that.

*only for cases where no other feature support detection mechanism could be used.