Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal for the WEBGL_debug extension

It might be prudent to check out how this kind of thing works in Direct3D land to see if the current extension is a sufficient match. It'd be a pitty if there's incompatibilities we didn't catch at this stage, and later needed to introduce WEBGL_debug_d3d or something.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Emmanuel Gil Peyrot <emmanuel.peyrot@collabora.co.uk> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 08:38:10PM +0200, Florian Bösch wrote:
> I think another interesting question would be how this could be made to
> work with angle and Direct3D related debugging tools. Does Direct3D offer
> comparable functionality to KHR_debug?

I don’t know much about Direct3D, but if it has any performance/error
reporting ANGLE can translate it for the GLES application.  ANGLE is
here considered as the driver, using KHR_debug it can provide useful
information to the application, either what Direct3D is reporting, or
when it is taking a slow path due to some difference between both APIs
for example.

WEBGL_debug then exposes that information to WebGL.

--
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot
Collabora Ltd.