Re: [Public WebGL] Can the browser tell the user why webGL has failed to start?

On Sep 17, 2015, at 8:40 PM, Vladimir Vukicevic <vladimir@mozilla.com> wrote:

Actually, thinking about this.. we could include a context creation flag that would indicate to the UA that the page wants the user to be told if and why context creation failed. The browser would do it itself, so no information leakage, and the content has to opt-in, so content that has silent fallback can still work.

Thoughts?

I think this is a very good idea. An application that requests this service could then ask the user to send the information displayed to its maintainers. It will reduce the frequency of a frequently asked question which has a browser specific answer.

Regards

    -Mark