Re: [Public WebGL] ARB_texture_storage for WebGL

AFAIK it's already been implemented in ANGLE: underlying D3D texture object are created only when a draw call issued. But that's kinda diminishes the whole 'create textures upon init' thing: no matter what you do, a texture will be created during a draw call. Whereas texStorage* allocates corresponding D3D object "synchronously".

--
Kirill Dmitrenko
Yandex Maps Team