[Public WebGL] ARB_texture_storage for WebGL

Greetings!

I'm digging into ANGLE and how it works. Recently I've read in the WebGL Insights book that ANGLE doesn't really like when an application
changes dimensions or mipmapping of a texture. If I understand it correctly, that is due to the fact that D3D doesn't allow to change texture parameters once it's created. Also, there is a note in the book that texStorage* calls allow ANGLE to overcome this problem (in other words, handle textures more efficiently). But why don't we have those calls as an extension to WebGL, i.e. ARB_texture_storage?

--
Kirill Dmitrenko
Yandex Maps Team