Re: [Public WebGL] WebVulkan

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 8:44 PM, Steve Baker <steve@sjbaker.org> wrote:
We've felt the pain of trying to bolt a proper security structure on top
of a pre-existing OpenGL API...let's not make that mistake again!

Waiting until the Vulkan spec is cast in concrete before we start to
consider the web implications would be to repeat history here!

That's quite a good point. Even though WebVulkan may be far in the future, it'd be helpful if the Vulkan WG took input on security from the WebGL WG so that an eventual integration with the web does not become a massive pain in the posterior. Actually, given the rather dismal state of security of native apps on desktops overall, considering security implications of Vulkan doesn't just benefit the Web...