Re: [Public WebGL] Proposing moving WEBGL_compressed_texture_astc_ldr to draft

As far as i can see the hdr/ldr difference in terms of api and implementation effort should be zero. Hdr differs in internal compression format by higher endpoint precision, but this difference is transparent to an astc user.

Both the ldr and hdr extension would return the same extension object, effectively these extensions just carry a boolean value between them. This boolean value should come straight from the driver.

What is the reason not to introduce both hdr and ldr at the same time in webgl? Both gl and es untroduced them at the same time (the specs even point to the same document).