Re: [Public WebGL] IE extension tickets

I'm sure the free 10 upgrade helps, somewhat. However over 50% of users are still using Win7, 16% are using Win8.1, 10% are using WinXP and 3% are using Vista, and those are absolute numbers for desktops. Relative to windows users it'd be more.

Operating systems tend not to be updated by users very often and tend to be clingy. Before Win7 users just didn't give up WinXP (certainly not for Vista) and it took until 3 years after the introduction of Win7 that XP wasn't the most used windows anymore.

It just seems to me to be overly optimistic to expect OS upgrades (even if free) to solve all browser upgrade woes.