Re: [Public WebGL] IE extension tickets

Sorry for asking if I've missed public knowledge here, but I can't recall having read about this: will Edge be available to Windows 8.1? or is it Windows 10 only?

Upgrading from, say, Firefox 37 to 38 is easy and very transparent to the user. That is the magic wand. Requiring users to upgrade their OS in order to upgrade the browser is what makes the magic wand go away :( If users need to do that (no matter if the OS upgrade is free or not), then migration will be much slower.

Since graphics and audio needs often go hand in hand, especially for games, I wonder, if Edge won't be available in Win8.1, will IE11 have Web Audio support? Or is development on new features for IE11 effectively frozen at this point of time?

I should also perhaps point out this feedback here: https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/257854-microsoft-edge-developer/suggestions/6509607-auto-update-older-ie-versions

Auto Update Older IE Versions
Force older versions of Internet Explorer to automatically update.

Which is the top-rated feedback on the Edge feedback site. And this didn't mean that updating "the latest supported version of Internet Explorer for that platform". That's an interpretation of update that's not shared by neither users nor developers. Update means you'll magicwand zap all those older versions with Edge.