Re: [Public WebGL] Extension suggestion: WEBGL_blend_equation_advanced

XOR is a hypothetically interesting blending mode if you're doing some bit-fiddling GPGPU work. However you're far more likely to use the stencil buffer for that (which supports XOR), read from a stencil texture (if we'll ever introduce that to webgl) or use the ES 3.0 XOR operator.

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Mark Callow <khronos@callow.im> wrote:

> On May 27, 2015, at 2:48 AM, Ashley Gullen <ashley@scirra.com> wrote:
>
> TBH I don't care much for the xor effect, I don't think it's terribly useful - it was a weird choice to support it in canvas2d - and if it's not possible to support then that's fine by me. I'm more interested in the photoshop style blends like screen and multiply. I'll do a little research in to the D3D11 side of things and write a draft definition.

+10. xor should have been banned when color displays were introduced.

Regards

    -Mark