Re: [Public WebGL] shader compilation hangs/crashes

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:57 AM, Zhenyao Mo <zmo@chromium.org> wrote:
I think when Ken mentioned about minimized test cases, he meant not
just the entire crashing shadertoy shader (which is usually pretty
big), but a reduced shader that's rid of all unnecessary code, so it's
clearer if there is a pattern, then we can detect the pattern in
shader translator, either  fail the compile or rewrite (work around)
some patterns to make the compile successful.
And what I mean is that you can use shadertoy/glslsandbox to do that mostly automated:

1) automated crawl for thousands of shaders
2) automated find one that crashes
3) automated scan trough existing shaders that use identical pieces of code
4) automated scan which of the similar shaders also crash, and which don't
5) automated use this information to narrow down a revision/snippet that is causing the crash
6) present it to a user for editing/submission as a conformance test