Re: [Public WebGL] OffscreenCanvas and shared resources

WebGL shared resources and OffscreenCanvas are orthogonal. There are
two big issues with enabling resource sharing between WebGL contexts:
guaranteeing that updates to resources that should be seen in another
context are actually seen, and guaranteeing that updates to resources
that should not be seen in another context are not seen. Both of these
behaviors are required in order to ensure portability of code.
Enforcing the second is harder. It would also be crucial to not
adversely impact WebGL's performance in the common case since the
shared resources extension would be really intrusive in the WebGL
implementation. Right now we on the Chrome team are focusing on other
things.

-Ken