Re: [Public WebGL] rejecting WEBGL_color_buffer_float and EXT_color_buffer_half_float

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 5:03 AM, Mark Callow <khronos@callow.im> wrote:
That is an interesting idea. I think I’m in favor too. I don’t think it has been discussed at all. Since applications will have to be changed to request a WebGL 2 context instead of a WebGL 1 context, strict compatibility is not essential. I agree we should have a discussion about a process for getting rid of cruft.
Spawned in its own thread.

Yes. One solution is to make any shared extension document interactions with both WebGL 1 and WebGL 2 in the same way the native OES_texture_float_linear does for  ES 2 and ES 3.
That'll work. I think there aren't any existing (community approved or ratified) WebGL extensions that would need to be edited right?