Re: [Public WebGL] Re: retrograde webgl support levels

I think can generate something, but won't get around it for a bit.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:13 AM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's been no reasoning provided on the Android retreat of
> WEBGL_depth_texture and EXT_shader_texture_lod. 2 Weeks more in it's now
> looking like:
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 9:33 AM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> WEBGL_depth_texture February -> March
>>>
>>> Android Chrome Mobile: 19.4% -> 7.9% !!!
>>
>> ->  10.7%  likely no retreat to 0%, still a substantial drop
>
> -> 11.8%, note that peculiarly Android Browser has this feature rapidly
> rising. What gives? Could this be the instance of a bug being fixed in
> Chrome Mobile while it's still present in Android browser and is soon to be
> exhibited by most of those? That'd be a bummer.

Not sure. To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed in Chrome's
logic determining when to expose this extension. Is it possible for
you to use WEBGL_debug_renderer_info (which Chrome exposes
universally) to generate histograms for which GPUs enable and don't
enable it? I've heard that in the past a large volume of new devices
coming on the market can skew data such as this.

>>> EXT_shader_texture_lod February -> March
>>>
>>> Android Mobile Firefox: 28.6% -> 18.3% !!!
>>
>> -> 19.8% likely no retreat to 0%, still a substantial drop
>
>  -> 20.3%
>

>>> Android Chrome Mobile: 14.3% -> 5.4% !!!
>>
>> -> 7.3% likely no retreat to 0%, still a substantial drop
>
> -> 8.1%

Similarly for this, would it be possible for you to generate some
histograms about which GPUs do and do not support it?

Thanks,

-Ken