Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL2 and no mapBuffer/mapBufferRange

On Mar 17, 2015, at 3:48 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

On the whole, I don't see a good usecase for the invalidate_range/buffer bits. If you don't care about the data already in the buffer, there's no reason to indicate with those bits that you don't care, you simply don't draw with it. I'd find it more palatable to drop the INVALIDATE_RANGE/BUFFER flags as a workaround to having to introduce expensive machinery to keep track of invalid ranges, than having to throw out the whole mapBuffer[Range] functionality (I actually haven't seen anybody use INVALIDATE_* in practice).

+1

Regards

    -Mark