Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL2 and no mapBuffer/mapBufferRange

Even on native platforms mapBuffer[Range] isn't more efficient than bufferSubData. Instead of blocking on the buffer[Sub]Data call, it just blocks on the memcpy. If you set the asynchronous flag, it won't block, but it'll still block on unmap and/or flush, which isn't more efficient than buffer[Sub]Data. The only case where mapBuffer[Range] is faster is if you're doing asynchronous ping-poned doubled buffered updates and issue no other blocking command to the driver. Desktop GL has more options, but ES 3 does not.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Zhenyao Mo <zmo@chromium.org> wrote:
Oh I failed to type the keyword "efficiently".  My bad.