Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL2 and no mapBuffer/mapBufferRange

Having discussed this feature now thoroughly I will propose a resolution:
  1. mabBuffer[Range] and all its flags can be safely exposed
  2. It should be done to keep ES3 <-> WebGL 2 friction as low as possible and to avoid standards bifurcation
  3. It will require a bit more engineering (copying threads, read/write only array buffers) than is customary for GL features
  4. The performance might be better than buffer[Sub]Data, but it'll not be worse.
  5. All corner cases where the specification leaves the behavior undefined can be upgraded to GL errors
Can everybody involved agree to this resolution and can we hence put that feature back into the WebGL 2 specification where it belongs if you want to achieve ES 3 implementation certification?