Re: [Public WebGL] Infinite loops allowed in WebGL 1.0 currently?

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Jamie Madill <jmadill@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
>>

>> > On another fork I saw Jamie mention a desire to do some kind of an amend
>> > here.
>>
>> Right; I think this was
>> https://code.google.com/p/angleproject/issues/detail?id=901 , which is
>> blocking the integration of drawElements' AOSP tests in ANGLE. I'm not
>> sure but think it's likely these tests will only pass on hardware that
>> supports dynamic loops and that doesn't require loops to be unrolled.
>

> dEQP has a test case with an infinite loop with a conditional break. This
> test applies to GLES 2 and 3, to the best of my knowledge (just tried GLES 2
> today). If I understood the discussion earlier we should reject this shader
> on the older GLES 2 hardware?

That's the proposal. Is this feasible to do in ANGLE? I don't remember
in what situations the [[flatten]] attribute is applied in ANGLE's
HLSL translator, but is it possible to make this test pass on most
D3D9 hardware, and only fail compilation on D3D9 hardware that doesn't
support dynamic loops?

-Ken