Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL2 and no mapBuffer/mapBufferRange

If maBufferRange was an extension, here's what I'd do to support it:

1. Write a shim for mapBufferRange using bufferSubData
2. Use that shim that internally switches to the bufferSubData extension if available, so that
3. I don't need to bifurcate all my data handling code on 2 functions

That's probably just about (in one flavor or other) what everybody would do.

Anyway, it's not like performance in WebGL was some kind of constant value. Platforms you test on routinely have a 10000% performance variance. It's nice if you can accelerate a usecase by 50% or so, very useful too, but it's not something you lose sleep over as far as platform differences go.