Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL2 and no mapBuffer/mapBufferRange

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Zhenyao Mo <zmo@chromium.org> wrote:
Basically we can't just return the pointer from glMapBufferRange to
the _javascript_ in read-only or write-only modes, because there is no
mechanism to enforce read-only or write-only.
So what you're saying is there isn't a ReadOnlyArrayBuffer and WriteOnlyArrayBuffer correct? If I'm not mistaken, returning ArrayBuffer conformant objects, which impose additional restrictions shouldn't be terribly hard.