Re: [Public WebGL] WebVulkan and multithreaded command queue assembly

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Brandon Jones <bajones@google.com> wrote:
mapBuffer in WebGL2
That's quite a bummer.

That's not to say that we shouldn't look to this new wave of APIs for inspiration. I think there's several concepts present across all of the new APIs that would play well on the Web, and may even work nicely with web workers in some form. I just don't don't believe we'll get a ~1:1 mapping like we saw with WebGL and OpenGL ES.
Well since Vulkan is the eventual future, I don't think it's sustainable to have a bifurcation of Web Hardware Accelerated something APIs with different semantics than native APIs. You'll lose out on:

- existing experience
- cross compilation
- tooling
- documentation
- books

That could easily break the back of any attempt to do so.