Re: [Public WebGL] Minor spec updates

The choice to remove texture swizzles sounds arbitrary to me. Neither the pull request or this mail actually explain what the hardware for this was, which leaves the most important bits of detail for a decision like this up for random guesses to parties who were not present in the F2F discussion. Why is native GL/GLES then able to implement these, and why is WebGL special in this respect that it can't?