Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal for WEBGL_render_to_float

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
As it stands, applications have no way to tell if blending will work or not,
You can tell, but it requires running a test up-front. Quite the same actually as figuring out if float luminance will work.
My, let's call it "WEBGL_float_all" extension proposal aims at people not being required to run a mini floating point conformance test up front on every pageload in order to determine which renderpath to take (yes, I do that too, meanwhile).