Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal for WEBGL_render_to_float

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Mark Callow <khronos@callow.im> wrote:
Instead of screaming at us, how about making some constructive suggestions to fix the problems. all you have done is complain about all the suggestions made so far.
I did, I suggested not disabling things that worked before (thank you very much float_linear was quite bad enough), and capturing the aspects of what works with which formats in a single extension and not a myriad of new ones.

As it stands, applications have no way to tell if blending will work or not,
You can tell, but it requires running a test up-front. Quite the same actually as figuring out if float luminance will work.

in the case when fp32 is implicitly enabled, as I don’t believe there is any conformance test that determines if the implementation follows WEBGL_color_buffer_float. As WEBGL_color_buffer_float is not currently widely supported I suspect there aren’t many apps explicitly trying to enable it. Do your apps try to do so?
WEBGL_color_buffer_float isn't implemented anyway so far, so there's no point.