Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal for WEBGL_render_to_float

> On Feb 22, 2015, at 6:12 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you go around and make suggestions that will land me in hot water with half my clients from the past 4 years, and will force me to take down 3-4 of the most popular WebGL demos of mine (demos to which I've been repatedly told they're the reason people got into WebGL in the first place), you will have to expect a lot of vitriolic unpleasantness from me.

Instead of screaming at us, how about making some constructive suggestions to fix the problems. all you have done is complain about all the suggestions made so far.

As it stands, applications have no way to tell if blending will work or not, in the case when fp32 is implicitly enabled, as I don’t believe there is any conformance test that determines if the implementation follows WEBGL_color_buffer_float. As WEBGL_color_buffer_float is not currently widely supported I suspect there aren’t many apps explicitly trying to enable it. Do your apps try to do so?

Regards

    -Mark